Here's what's new in V8 Transcriber:
- The English dictionary has increased from 1/2 million words to over 4 million words! These include a lot of newly-coined science and technology terms, which real-time transcribers are likely to encounter in the academic setting.
- Option to prioritize more "common" words, for transcribers who don't work in higher-level academic settings or whose abbreviation skills are not fine-tuned.
- Optional Canadian English or British English settings to accommodate these different spelling conventions.
- Alternate Spanish and French dictionaries (beta) for foreign language transcribers. These features are only enabled on a case-by-case basis, so please contact us if you're interested!
- Updated auto-activation feature for software license keys.
- When logged in to the program, user can click File > Visit License Account to access their user.typewell.com account.
- Export/import Web Linking channels.
- User login is now restricted to individual transcriber accounts; not permitted to log in to the software with an organization account.