What is LEO?
TypeWell provides continuing education workshops for TypeWell transcribers, disability service coordinators, content developers, instructors, and other disability support staff through its web-based learning management system, called Learning & Enrichment Online (LEO). TypeWell’s LEO Website is hosted by TalentLMS (and previously was hosted by Edvance360).
To sign in to your LEO account:
For the new & improved LEO site, sign in at learn.typewell.com.
All users of the LEO Website are bound by the following Terms of Service:
Terms of Service
Welcome to the TypeWell Learning & Enrichment Online (“LEO”) Website. Please review these Terms of Service.
You understand that TypeWell can change the Terms of Service or incorporated policies by posting changes to this Website. Your ongoing use of the LEO Website indicates that you accept any changes to the Terms of Service Agreement. We reserve the right to change or terminate the LEO Website for any reason, and without notice, without liability to you, any other Member, or any third party.
Service and Registration:
This Service and affiliate services are provided by TypeWell. You understand and agree to the following:
- You must use a valid e-mail address and create a username and password during the registration process.
- You are responsible for all uses of your account. You must keep your password confidential. We may refuse, at our sole discretion, to allow you to register a username that is trademarked, inappropriate, or impersonates another individual.
- You agree to let TypeWell immediately know of any unauthorized use of your account.
- You are 18 years or older. By registering for the LEO Website, you are indicating that you have the capacity to understand these Terms of Service. TypeWell will not be held liable for any loss or damage for non-compliance.
- You understand and agree that TypeWell does not control, verify or endorse links, communities, forums, chat, events, or messages, unless explicitly stated. Any links that take users out of the LEO Website are not under the control of TypeWell, so TypeWell is not responsible for any of the content, functions, services, or links of third party sites.
- When registering with the LEO Website, you must provide, and maintain, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself.
- TypeWell reserves the right to refuse the Service to any user.
You are fully responsible for your behavior on the LEO Website, which includes the way that you utilize any aspect of the LEO Website service.
- You agree to only register for those courses for which you meet the eligibility requirements.
- You agree and understand that if you register for a course for which you are not eligible, TypeWell can remove you from that course at any time, TypeWell will refund your course fee (less an administrative charge), and you will not earn credit for that course.
- You are completely and solely responsible for the content you post on the LEO Website, which includes, but is not limited to, photos, messages, chat, personal profiles, community posts, broadcasts, blogs, events, audio and video clips. Unauthorized or illegal content includes, but is not limited to: a) the display of sexually explicit material; b) the display of abusive, harmful, racially or religiously offensive or bigoted, obscene, or libelous material; c) the use of flaming or trolling; d) the display of material that encourages criminal behavior that violates any local, state, national, or international law or regulation; e) the use of the Service for unauthorized advertising, which includes MLM/pyramid schemes, spam, chain letters, sweepstakes or contests; f) the transmission of viruses, worms, or Trojan horses to destroy or limit any functionality of the software or hardware of TypeWell and its users; g) the display of information about another person without their express consent, or the posting of any copyrighted material that you do not have legal authorization to use.
- You agree and understand that TypeWell can delete any content that is offensive, illegal, harmful, or in violation of the rights of other users and members.
- You understand and agree that you can only use the LEO Website for academic use. You cannot use the LEO Website for any commercial or business purposes without prior written permission from TypeWell.
- Any member who demonstrably harasses or abuses another member will be removed from the LEO Website.
- Other unauthorized or illegal behaviors include, but are not limited to: a) the display of false information about yourself or anyone else; b) changing, in any manner at all, or reverse engineering any aspect of the LEO Website. You may not attempt to derive source code from the LEO Website service. c) the use of any search/retrieval application (e.g., robot, spider) to index any aspect of the LEO Website; d) the posting of information that implicitly or explicitly implies that it is endorsed by TypeWell.
TypeWell respects copyright and other laws. TypeWell requires all users to comply with copyright and other laws. TypeWell does not provide you with file-sharing ability so that you can violate the copyright of third parties.
As a member of the LEO Website, you agree that you must not use the LEO Website to infringe the intellectual property of others in any way. The unauthorized reproduction, distribution, modification, or posting of copyrighted work is a violation of copyright law.
You are responsible for your behavior on the LEO Website and for making sure that it does not violate any copyright laws. If you violate copyright laws, then you may be exposed to civil and criminal liability, including possible fines and jail time.
Disclaimer of Warranties:
TypeWell and its affiliates, partners, and consultants disclaim any and all responsibility or liability for the content, completeness, accuracy, legality, reliability, or availability of information or materials displayed on the LEO Website. You agree that the use of the Service and anything thing that you download from the LEO Website site is at your sole risk, discretion, and responsibility. You will be wholly responsible for any damage to your computer system that results from your use of the Service or the downloading of information. TypeWell disclaims any and all responsibility and liability for the conduct of any member. TypeWell will not be held liable for any interactions you have with other individuals or organizations through the LEO Website. You agree that TypeWell is not responsible for any damage or loss that occurs as a result of such interactions and that TypeWell has no obligation to become involved in any such disputes; further, you release TypeWell from damages of any kind that arise from such disputes. TypeWell offers all of its service on an "as is" basis, with no warranties whatsoever. TypeWell expressly disclaims to the fullest extent permitted by law all express, implied, and statutory warranties, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement of proprietary rights.
You agree, at your expense, to indemnify, defend and hold TypeWell harmless from and against any loss, cost, damages, liability and/or expense arising out of or relating to (a) third party claims, actions or allegations of infringement based on information, data or content you submitted in connection with the service, (b) any fraud or manipulation, or other breach of this agreement by you, or (c) third party claims, actions or allegations brought against TypeWell arising out of your use of the service or software.
Limitation of Liability:
In no event, situation, or circumstance will TypeWell be liable to you or any third party for any indirect, incidental, special or exemplary, or consequential damages arising or resulting from your use of the LEO Website, whether or not TypeWell has been advised of the possibility of such damages. This includes, but is not limited to damages from uploaded or downloaded third party content, and damages from the interruption or termination of TypeWell services. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation of exclusion of limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you. In no event, situation, or circumstance will TypeWell be liable to you for an amount exceeding five hundred dollars ($500.00).
TypeWell can refuse membership to anyone at its sole discretion. In addition, TypeWell can terminate the membership and delete any related information of any member at any time for any reason. If TypeWell terminates your membership, then you can no longer use the LEO Website service or the services of any of its affiliates.
This Terms of Service Agreement is governed in all respects by the laws of the State of Arizona, USA, and any disputes arising hereunder shall be submitted to state and federal courts and you agree to and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts. If any aspect of this agreement is deemed invalid, then the remaining provisions shall still be enforced. You may not transfer this Agreement and any attempt to the contrary is void. TypeWell is not responsible for any delay or failure in performance resulting directly or indirectly from causes beyond TypeWell's reasonable control. Any correspondence about this Agreement will be sent to you via the email that you provided during registration.
If you are not a resident of the United States of America, then you agree to follow all applicable laws and local rules regarding the transmission of data from the United States or the country in which you live.
We hope that you enjoy your use of the LEO Website. These Terms of Service are necessary and allow us to offer this Service to you, our valued user. Official correspondence must be sent through postal mail to:
TypeWell, P.O. Box 221, Patagonia, AZ 85624