Available for both TypeWell and C-Print providers!
In response to overwhelming requests from employers and experienced transcribers, we now offer a formal Skill Assessment for professional transcribers who have at least one year of experience providing real-time communication access. This assessment enables meaning-for-meaning transcribers to demonstrate their skill improvement over time.
A web-based version of the Skill Assessment can also be administered to non-TypeWell users, such as C-Print providers. This is especially useful for institutions that use multiple speech-to-text software platforms.
Congratulations to the following transcribers for demonstrating excellent performance on the Skill Assessment!
English 200 Skill Assessment: Highest Rate of Content Captured
- Andrew Hansen - TypeWell Transcriber (New York, NY)
- Benjamin Merrill - TypeWell Transcriber (Kuna, ID)
- Katelin Lundquist - TypeWell Transcriber (Springdale, AR)
- Nathan Larsen - TypeWell Transcriber (Benton, PA)
- Amy Hazel - TypeWell Transcriber (Everton, AR)
- Sarah Franklin - C-Print Captionist (Rochester, NY)
- Lindsay Larsen - TypeWell Transcriber (Smithfield, UT)
- Randi Hecht - TypeWell Transcriber (Reno, NV)
How It Works
The first Skill Assessment released in early 2017 is based on a 200-level college English lecture. There will be more assessments added each year, using lectures of varying difficulty.
A team of trained evaluators scores each individual's transcript and returns [qualitative rankings] for the following areas:
- rate of content captured
- quality of message content
- English grammar usage
- formatting for readability
- technical proficiency using the TypeWell abbreviation software (if applicable)
You will receive a list of three to five areas for improvement. You can also order more [detailed feedback] for a deeper understanding of your performance on the assessment, along with strategies to improve your ability to provide high-quality communication access.
The Skill Assessment costs $150. Discounts are available for members of the Association of Transcribers and Speech-to-text Providers (ATSP). Group discounts are also available for 5+ employees.