We do not recommend using StreamText to link TypeWell to Zoom.
- There is a very long delay with StreamText and Zoom (15-20 seconds or longer!), so the "subtitles" are very asynchronous which is potentially confusing for viewers.
- To our knowledge, StreamText does not support teaming (more than one transcriber).
- When streaming to Zoom, the StreamText Connector program does not support error corrections; so, any spelling or typing corrections that the transcribers make on-the-fly will not be reflected accurately in the subtitles. Typically, both the error AND the corrected text will be sent through, causing confusion for viewers.
- StreamText charges a per-minute fee to use this service.
Instead, we recommend either:
- Transcribing directly into Zoom's "Closed Caption" box using TypeWell Everywhere, OR
- Using TypeWell's Web Linking service and sharing the URL so reader(s) can view the live transcript in a browser.