Phone icon 844-897-3935

Web Linking server status:

Who pays for TypeWell services? ​

In the United States, there are 3 federal laws that relate to transcription services: the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).

The venue in which you're providing communication access will determine which laws apply and who is responsible for paying for the services.

In the educational setting, TypeWell transcribers usually work for the Disability Support department at a school or university. Transcribers may also work for or companies (such as TypeWell or a third-party agency), which in turn contract with schools, businesses, and organizations to provide communication access for students, employees, and other clients.

To learn more about setting up transcription services in your school or business, please contact us.

Learn more:
Laws related to transcription services

Jun 10, 2024

Contact Us

Not finding what you're looking for? Contact Us Directly